Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Goose Creek, SC?
Goose Creek criminal defense attorneys at Seaton Law Office have over 20 years of experience defending clients against criminal allegations in the Goose Creek and surrounding areas.
The attorneys at the Seaton Law Office know the local courts, prosecutors, and judges, and we have the experience and resources that you need to defend yourself against the overwhelming power of the government, including allegations of:
- Violent crimes,
- Driving under the influence,
- Property crimes,
- Magistrate and municipal court criminal offenses,
- White collar crimes,
- Drug possession (distribution, or trafficking),
- Assault and battery,
- Domestic violence,
- Federal crimes, and
- CSC or rape.
The criminal defense lawyers at Seaton Law Office
will fight to get your charges dismissed.
When you call our office, we will:
- Meet with you to discuss your case and answer your questions,
- Obtain all evidence the prosecutor intends to use against you through formal discovery,
- Investigate your case, gathering all evidence that may help you through private investigation, FOIA requests, and other methods as appropriate,
- Locate and interview all potential witnesses that may assist in your defense,
- Prepare your case for a possible trial,
- Negotiate on your behalf to get your case dismissed or to find an acceptable resolution, and
- Try your case to a jury of your peers when necessary.
When you choose Seaton Law Office to represent you in Goose Creek, South Carolina, you will receive personal attention directly from your criminal defense attorney.
We make communication with our clients a priority, will answer your questions, and will keep you up to date on what is happening in your case throughout the process.
They are very good at what they do! Go see them today and be worry free!
– Kipp Cavadias
Great Lawyer, will definitely use again when needed. Thank You Beau!
– Charles McGee
He truly cares about his clients!! A wonderful lawyer!!
– Lamarr Richardson
* The Rules of Professional Conduct require disclosure that this is a “Testimonial” about the attorney. Please be aware that any result achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
Types of Criminal Defense Cases We Accept
If you have been charged with a violent crime in South Carolina, you may be facing an aggressive prosecution, angry alleged victims, and prison time.
Our attorneys have extensive experience defending against criminal allegations, and we accept cases including:
- Murder, manslaughter, and attempted murder,
- Assault and battery charges,
- Armed robbery and strong-armed robbery,
- Sexual assaults, and
- CSC with a minor.
Domestic Violence Charges
Domestic violence defense lawyers at Seaton Law Offices have experience defending all levels of domestic violence allegations, including:
- Domestic violence 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree,
- Domestic violence of a high and aggravated nature (DVHAN), and
Domestic violence allegations in the family court.
Goose Creek criminal defense attorneys at Seaton Law Office have experience defending property crimes and white collar or financial crimes and accepts criminal cases including:
- Breach of trust with fraudulent intent,
- Burglary charges,
- Embezzlement of public funds,
- Larceny charges,
- Destruction of personal property,
- Shoplifting offenses, and
- Trespass charges.
Driving Under the Influence
A conviction for DUI or a DUI-related offense can be costly and may result in fines, prison time, license suspensions, license revocation, SR-22 insurance, and a permanent criminal record that cannot be expunged.
Your criminal defense lawyer in Goose Creek, South Carolina can help you to defend against charges related to DUI, including:
- Driving under the influence (DUI),
- Driving with an unlawful alcohol concentration (DUAC),
- Felony DUI resulting in great bodily injury or death,
- DUI-related child endangerment charges, and
- Implied consent proceedings.
If you have been charged with a drug offense in Goose Creek, South Carolina, you may have defenses including a motion to suppress the evidence in your case based on Fourth Amendment violations.
Your criminal defense attorney can help you with drug charges including:
- Drug possession,
- Possession with intent to distribute (PWID),
- Distribution charges,
- Manufacturing meth, crack cocaine, or marijuana, and
- Drug trafficking charges.
Sexual Assault Charges
If you have been accused of sexual assault or rape in Goose Creek, South Carolina, Seaton Law Office may be able to help you, including when you are charged with:
- Rape or criminal sexual conduct (CSC),
- CSC with a minor, and
- Statutory rape.
Ready To Speak With An Attorney?
Let’s discuss the details of your case and see if we can help.
Common Questions About
Criminal charges in Goose Creek
CAN CRIMINAL CHARGES EVER BE DROPPED?
Yes! There are many ways charges can be dismissed, or dropped. A few of them are: plea deals, mistakes made by police, mistakes made by prosecutors, and a lack of evidence.
Don’t give up or lose hope!
Every case is different, so consulting a criminal defense attorney to discuss your options is key.
WILL A CRIMINAL CONVICTION STAY ON MY RECORD FOREVER?
A criminal conviction will show up on a background check, but some can be expunged, meaning it can be wiped from your record.
An experienced criminal defense attorney can help walk you through this process and determine if your conviction is eligible.
DO I HAVE TO HAVE A CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY?
You are not required to have a criminal defense attorney when facing criminal charges, but it is a very good idea.
The criminal justice system is complex and difficult to understand. Having someone on your side looking out for your best interest and navigating the process for you is the way to go.