If you have been involved in an auto accident in the South Carolina Lowcountry,, get help from a local car accident attorney with close to 30 years of experience fighting for clients in South Carolina courtrooms.
The South Carolina car accident lawyers at the Seaton Law Office understand that bad things happen to good people, and you are counting on a full recovery of the compensation that is owed to you by the at-fault driver and their insurance company.
We know South Carolina auto accident law, court procedures, and how to get the maximum compensation that you are entitled to under the facts of your case and South Carolina law, whether that is through a quick settlement or litigation with the insurance company.
We will do everything that is legally and ethically within our power to ensure that you receive full and fair compensation from the insurance companies and the at-fault driver is held accountable for the damage they have caused.
Don’t wait to call your car accident lawyer in Moncks Corner! The insurance company’s attorneys may already be preparing their defense, and they will do everything they can to avoid paying your claim or to limit the amount that they pay.
Understanding Car Accidents in South Carolina
The Moncks Corner car accident lawyers at the Seaton Law Office care about their clients and take your case seriously.
When you call our office, we will:
- Meet with you to answer your questions, learn about your case, and help you to determine whether our law firm is the right fit for you,
- Investigate the accident and the parties involved,
- Gather the evidence you will need to prove liability and damages, retaining experts as needed,
- Locate and interview any witnesses who may help your case,
- Identify and gather any evidence that may help your case using subpoenas, FOIA requests, discovery motions, motions to compel discovery, and experts as needed,
- Research all potential legal issues that may arise in your case or trial,
- Advise you as to any expert witnesses you may need for consultation or testimony at trial to prove liability or damages,
- Negotiate with the insurance company to get a full and fair settlement as quickly as possible, and
- Try your case to a jury if the insurance company does not agree to pay the fair value of your case.
Your Berkeley County car accident attorneys at the Seaton Law Office have years of experience collecting damages from insurance companies in all types of personal injury cases including car accidents.
When you choose our Moncks Corner, South Carolina, car accident law firm to handle your case, you will receive personal attention directly from your car accident attorney.
We make communication with our clients a priority, answer your questions, and keep you up to date on what is happening in your case throughout the process.
Whether you were involved in a single-vehicle crash, a multi-vehicle crash, a trucking accident, or a motorcycle collision, we have gotten settlements or verdicts for clients in similar situations.
When you retain the Seaton Law Office, you aren’t just a paycheck for our firm – you are now a friend and client who has been hurt through no fault of their own and our job is to recover the maximum amount of damages possible on your behalf.
They are very good at what they do! Go see them today and be worry free!
– Kipp Cavadias
Great Lawyer, will definitely use again when needed. Thank You Beau!
– Charles McGee
He truly cares about his clients!! A wonderful lawyer!!
– Lamarr Richardson
Learn more about
auto accident law in South Carolina
Do I Need a Lawyer After an Auto Accident?
You are not legally required to have an attorney for your car wreck case. But do you want to get paid? Do you want to get paid the full amount that you are owed by the insurance company?
Insurance companies will do everything they can to avoid paying or to limit your claim – they will claim the accident was your fault, that there is no liability, that you were “comparatively negligent,” or that you are exaggerating your injuries.
Your car accident lawyer knows the insurance company’s tricks, how to get a quick settlement whenever possible, and how to litigate your case when the insurance company refuses to pay.
What Types of Car Accident Cases Do We Accept?
We have extensive experience handling car accident claims and accept most types of accident cases including:
- Auto accidents,
- Motorcycle crashes,
- Trucking accidents,
- Moped accidents,
- Pedestrian accidents,
- Drunk driving/ DUI accidents,
- Single-vehicle crashes, and
- Multiple-vehicle accidents.
Sources of Recovery
To recover damages after your car accident, we must be able to prove liability and damages, and there must be a source of recovery.
Depending on the facts of your case, we may identify multiple defendants/ sources of recovery including:
- The at-fault driver’s insurance policies,
- Third-party drivers’ insurance policies,
- The at-fault driver’s personal assets,
- The at-fault driver’s employer,
- Businesses or property owners who contributed to unsafe conditions,
- Manufacturers, distributors, or sellers of a defective auto part that caused the crash,
- Your own uninsured/ underinsured policies, or
- Any party who can be held liable for the crash and their insurance policies.
How Do You Prove Liability After a Car Accident?
We will need to gather evidence that we can present to the insurance company or a jury to prove the other driver’s liability in your case.
This could include:
- Photos or video of the damaged vehicles,
- Photos or video of the roadway or surrounding area,
- Eyewitness accounts (including your testimony),
- Medical records and photos or video of your injuries,
- Expert testimony and accident reconstruction, and
- Police reports or the at-fault driver’s conviction for a traffic violation related to your crash.
Ready To Speak With An Attorney?
Let’s discuss the details of your case and see if we can help.
Common Questions for
Car Accident Lawyers in South Carolina
HOW MUCH DOES A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER COST?
In most cases, you do not need to pay anything upfront for your legal fees.
In most car accident cases, we will charge a contingency fee that may be one-third of your total recovery (although this can vary depending on the circumstances of your case) that does not need to be paid until the end of your case when you get paid.
We don’t get paid unless you get paid, and how much we get paid is determined by how much you get paid.
You may also be responsible for the costs of your expenses which could include court costs, deposition costs, expert witness fees, or other litigation expenses.
WHY WON’T THE INSURANCE COMPANY PAY MY CLAIM?
Insurance companies are not there to help. You are not in good hands with Allstate, and, unlike a good neighbor, State Farm is not always there.
Insurance companies are in business to make profits, and they do that by 1) taking premiums from customers and 2) denying or limiting claims in every way they can. In many cases, an insurance company will not offer the full value of a case unless they know that the plaintiff has an experienced car accident lawyer who will take them to trial.
HOW DO I MAXIMIZE MY DAMAGES TO GET FULL AND FAIR COMPENSATION?
Call an experienced car accident lawyer immediately after your car wreck, and:
- Do not give any statements to the at-fault party’s insurance company (refer them to your attorney),
- Document everything – keep a journal with your thoughts, including the impact that your injuries have had on your life since the wreck,
- Seek medical care immediately and follow up on all recommendations from the doctors,
- Present compelling evidence of both 1) liability and 2) damages when demanding payment from the insurance company,
- File suit and litigate your case when necessary, when the insurance company refuses to pay,
- Use expert witnesses as needed to establish both liability (an accident reconstructionist, for example) and damages (for example, life care planners, accountants, or medical testimony as needed), and
- Choose an experienced car wreck attorney whom you trust and follow their advice at all stages of your case.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET A SETTLEMENT AFTER MY CAR ACCIDENT?
There is no way to predict how long it will take to get paid in your case. It varies from case to case, depending on factors like:
- The amount of damages we are demanding,
- The amount of the insurance companies’ policy limits,
- The strength of our evidence relating to liability and damages,
- Whether the insurance company has evidence to dispute our claim, and
- Whether the insurance company 1) perceives a real chance of your attorney trying your case to a successful verdict or 2) believes they can delay or offer nuisance value because you do not have an attorney on your case.
If we have solid evidence of liability and damages that exceed the insurance company’s policy limits, we may be able to negotiate a fast settlement for the maximum amount of compensation available.
On the other hand, if there is going to be a large settlement or verdict, the insurance company may delay as long as possible, force you to litigate, take depositions, engage in discovery, participate in mediation, and argue motions for summary judgment before offering to settle your claim.
Your case could be settled at any time – immediately upon receipt of our demand letter, during the discovery process, at mediation, in the middle of your trial, or even while your case is on appeal.